Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My Blog's Rationale

Well, this is the first official post to this blog.  In the past, I have blogged about a variety of things, ranging from server technology to software development methodologies.  I now want to shift my focus to a topic that is becoming more popular as a result of cost saving initiatives: software alternatives.  

We all know they exist.  Most of us can probably even produce at least one argument as to why we should avoid changing (my personal favorite being “because everyone else uses [product xyz]”). That’s fine and certainly there is room for an open dialogue.  For some users, an alternative to the mainstream application is not possible for one reason or another.  But, it is my belief that there is an audience for others wanting to explore applications that could meet the needs of their demands.

No comments:

Post a Comment